Attorney Helping Victims of Road Work Accidents
We’ve all seen the signs: “Road Work Ahead.” These signs are meant to alert drivers to slow down because there are workers on the roadway, or very close to traffic. Road work construction is one of the most dangerous jobs because it places workers in a very vulnerable spot: just feet away from speeding cars and trucks.
Due to this limited space, road work accidents happen every year — and they often result in serious injuries, and sometimes death. Recent statistics help illustrate just how dangerous road work can be:
- 5.4 – the number of minutes passed since the last work zone crash
- 70 – the number of work zone crashes each day that result in at least one injury
- 12 – the number of fatal work zone crashes every week
Not all road work injuries are the result of car accidents, however. Workers are also operating large pieces of equipment, and face a variety of environmental risks. Some of the most common job-related accidents in road work zones include:
- Defective Machinery Injuries
- Heavy Equipment Injuries
- Crane Accidents
- Burns (from hot tar and chemicals)
If you or a family member has been injured in a road work construction accident, call us now or contact us for a FREE legal consultation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000