Those suffering from type 2 diabetes have filed lawsuits against makers of Januvia. In most claims, consumers blame Januvia for dangerous side effects, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
Our team’s position is this:
- Januvia is a defective and dangerous drug
- The makers of Januvia did not properly test this medication
- Consumers were not warned of the increased risk for cancer and other side effects (see below)
- This drug’s safety was misrepresented in advertisements and marketing
Januvia is only available with a prescription, and doctors often use this drug to help patients control type 2 diabetes.
In May 2013, the FDA issued a warning linking Januvia and other similar drugs to an increased risk of serious complications and pancreatic diseases.
Januvia Side Effects & Injuries
Some of the most serious side effects and injuries mentioned in a Januvia Lawsuit include:
- Pancreatic Cancer – this type of cancer rarely has noticeable symptoms in the early stages, making it difficult to cure in time.
- Pancreatitis – research has suggested that Januvia can cause inflammation in the pancreas (pancreatitis), which can cause severe abdominal pain, fever, nausea, and rapid pulse.
- Persistent Abdominal Pain – some patients have reported suffering abdominal pain that was not directly related to pancreatitis. See a doctor immediately.
- Hypoglycemia – when medications don’t work properly, they can actually do more harm. Januvia is intended to lower a patient’s blood sugar, but if this level becomes too low, they can suffer hypoglycemia, which has several serious symptoms. If left untreated, this can be deadly.
- Heart Failure – According to research published in JACC Heart Failure, patients taking Januvia experienced an 84% increase in ER visits for heart failure.
What To Do
If you are taking Januvia and have experienced any abnormal side effects, contact your doctor immediately.
If you or a family member has experienced serious injuries or side effects that you believe may be associated with Januvia, call a Januvia Lawsuit Lawyer at The Barnes Firm. Our legal team has taken the big pharmacy companies to court — and we’ve won.
Put our experience and success to work for you – call a Januvia Lawsuit Lawyer now for a FREE consultation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000