Thousands of people who suffer from type 2 diabetes have filed lawsuits against the pharmaceutical companies that manufacture Invokana. Many of these consumers suffered kidney damage, ketoacidosis or amputations after taking the drug, and they may not have been properly warned about the side-effects.
Our team’s position is this:
- Invokana is a defective and dangerous drug
- Manufacturers did not properly test this medication
- Drug makers failed to warn consumers of the increased risks (see below)
- The safety of this drug was misrepresented in commercials and other advertisements
Only available with a prescription, Invokana is used to improve a patient’s control of their type 2 diabetes. According to the manufacturer, Invokana can help lower blood sugar by boosting the effectiveness of a patient’s kidneys.
Since Invokana directly impacts the kidneys, these organs are often impacted by the drug’s potentially severe side effects.
Invokana Side Effects & Injuries
Some of the drug’s most serious side effects and injuries include:
- Kidney Failure – when the kidneys stop functioning, fluids and chemicals can build-up in the body, causing a variety of sudden and painful conditions, and it can result in death if left untreated.
- Amputations – patients taking Invokana are twice as likely to require a leg or foot amputation than those who not taking this medication.
- Ketoacidosis – this condition can put a patient in a diabetic coma, and it is caused by very low levels of insulin.
- Heart Attacks – when there is a blockage in an artery, blood may be unable to reach parts of the heart, causing that tissue to lose oxygen and vital nutrients needed to function properly.
What To Do
If you are currently taking Invokana and have experienced any type of side effect, contact your doctor immediately. Watch for any signs of kidney problems, infections or chest pain.
If you or a family member has experienced any adverse side effects that you believe could be associated with Invokana, contact an Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer at The Barnes Firm today. Our legal team has gone to court against the big pharmacy companies — and we’ve won. Our success is not by chance either; our experienced lawyers have won many settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Put our experience to work for you, and call an Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer now for a FREE consultation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000