A popular antidepressant, Zoloft has been linked to serious birth defects. Despite these potentially devastating side effects, a Zoloft Lawsuit Lawyer says the drug was prescribed to millions of Americans, including pregnant women.
Our team’s position is this:
- Zoloft is a defective and dangerous drug
- The drug companies that make Zoloft did not fully test the safety of this medication
- Zoloft failed to properly warn consumers, specifically pregnant women, of the increased birth risks (see below)
- The safety of this drug was misrepresented in advertisements and other marketing materials
Introduced in 1991, Zoloft became one of the most widely prescribed antidepressants. Most often used to treat major depressive disorder, doctors often prescribe Zoloft to treat other conditions, including PTSD and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Despite the makers of Zoloft touting the drug’s safety and effectiveness in treating many of these conditions, the medication has also been linked to a number of potentially serious side effects, including birth injuries.
Zoloft Side Effects & Injuries
Hundreds of patients have filed lawsuits against the manufacturers of Zoloft, claiming the drug is responsible for serious birth defects. Some of these injuries include:
- Autism – Studies have found that children have a 200% increased risk of autism when their pregnant mothers were prescribed Zoloft or similar antidepressants.
- Craniosynostosis – These severe defects in the skull are often connected to the use of Zoloft while pregnant.
- Heart Defects – Some children may develop holes in the heart as a result of their mother taking Zoloft while pregnant.
- Cleft Plate – In some cases, children may develop an opening or split in their mouth or lip, known as Cleft Palate. In many cases, this condition has been linked to their mother’s use of antidepressants.
- Other Birth Defects – There are a number of physical, respiratory and neural birth defects that have been identified as a potential side effect of Zoloft. Contact a Zoloft Lawsuit Lawyer at The Barnes Firm if you believe your child has suffered any abnormal conditions that you believe may have been caused by this drug.
What To Do
If your child or a family member has suffered a birth injury or defect, it is NOT YOUR FAULT. In many cases, pharmaceutical companies fail to warn pregnant mothers and their families of these potentially serious risks.
When you call The Barnes Firm, we can put our best doctors/lawyers on your case. Our team has spent decades investigating drug companies and the harmful side effects that the public was never made aware of.
The call is FREE – Let our successful and experienced team work for your family. Call a Zoloft Lawsuit Lawyer now for your FREE case evaluation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000