No matter how safe a driver you are, you may still fall victim to another driver’s negligence. Car accidents in Santa Monica are an unfortunately common occurrence. Rating as the third highest in the entire country for pedestrian crashes, this city is very prone to collisions. The following lists some of the most common causes of car accidents in Santa Monica:
- Distracted driving: Whether texting, changing a song, eating, or drinking, distracted driving can result in a tragic end. Avoid distracted driving at all costs while on the roads.
- Speeding: It may seem like something everyone does, but speeding is also one of the most common causes of car accidents. Speed limits are posted for the safety of all drivers.
- Aggressive or reckless driving: Sometimes known as road rage, being aggressive or reckless while driving can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and crash.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal even without causing a car accident. This cause also results in a high number of fatalities in car accidents.
- Dangerous weather: No matter what city you live in, you will inevitably be caught in some form of bad weather on the roads. Whether it is high winds, ice, or rain, severe weather can be dangerous when driving.
- Limited visibility: To drive safely on the road, you need to be able to see properly. Limited visibility can easily cause a crash if you cannot see another car, pedestrian, or obstacle.
There are many other reasons a car crash can occur, like faulty brakes or tire blowouts, that may be outside of anyone’s control. While a car crash can happen to anyone, knowing the common causes may be helpful to you in remaining safe on the roads.