Women across the nation and their families are filing multi-million dollar lawsuits against the companies that produce talcum powder. Their Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer claims popular feminine hygiene products are responsible for causing ovarian cancer. These products include:
- Johnson’s Baby Powder
- Johnson’s Shower to Shower
Our team’s position is this:
- Studies have found evidence of a link between talcum powder and cancer
- Talcum powder may raise the risk of developing cancers, such as ovarian cancer
- Consumers are STILL not being warned about the potential risks associated with using baby powder
- The safety of talcum powder could be misrepresented in advertisements and marketing
About Talcum Powder
Talcum Powder, also known as Baby Powder, is a refined mineral with absorbent properties. As such, it is commonly used as a personal care product, and for feminine hygiene.
In recent years, researchers have found evidence that talc, the main ingredient, is a cancer-causing mineral. The makers of talcum powder have aggressively opposed these scientific studies, and refuse to add labels warning consumers of the powder’s potential risks.
There are currently over 2,400 lawsuits pending against the maker of these talc-based products.
Talcum Powder Side Effects & Injuries
Several juries have awarded cancer survivors and their families multi-million dollar verdicts after a Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer filed a claim on their behalf. The most common injuries mentioned in a talcum powder lawsuit includes:
- Ovarian Cancer – this is a rare type of cancer, and it often has no symptoms in the early stages. This makes it very difficult to cure. Later stages are usually associated with weight loss and a loss of appetite.
- Other Cancers – those who have long-term exposure to talc fibers face a higher risk of developing other cancers, such as lung cancer. It is also possible that talcum powder could be linked to other types of cancer in both men and women, but researchers are still conducting studies to confirm this possibility.
What To Do
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and had a history of using talcum powder (baby powder), contact a legal team experienced with handling these matters.
At The Barnes Firm, our team consists of experienced medical experts, doctors and lawyers who have taken big pharmacy companies to court — and won. A Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer at The Barnes Firm will hold these big pharmacy companies accountable for their negligence, and help you get the best result possible from your claim.
Let us put our years of experience and success to work for you – call a Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer now for a FREE consultation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000