- August 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Placer County, CA – A wrong-way crash occurred on State Route 89 on Friday, August 26, 2022. The crash happened around 1:20 p.m.
According to California Highway Patrol, the driver of a box truck crossed over a solid double yellow line into oncoming traffic and crashed into three vehicles – Ford Eco Sport, Subaru Impreza, and Subaru Outback. The driver of the Impreza was killed in the crash. Two others were hospitalized with injuries. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Head on collisions account for 10% of driving fatalities that occur across the United States each year. In this accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Accident history on this road
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blinds spots on the truck
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
Our trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in tractor-trailer accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.