- May 27, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Davis, CA – A UC Davis student was hit by a garbage truck on campus around 8 a.m. on Wednesday, May 25, 2022. The student was riding along Dairy Road and Hutchinson Drive.
She was taken to UC Davis Medical Center where she later died of her injuries. Police are investigating the cause of this accident.
The victim was identified as Tris Yasay, 19.
Inattentive drivers cause hundreds of bicycle accidents every year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Video from the truck
- Route the truck was traveling
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Timing of traffic signals
- Evaluation if road signage is clear and up to code
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Accident history on this road
- Inspection of roadway conditions
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Dairy Road and Hutchinson Drive