- May 24, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Wheatfield, NY – Two SUVs collided on May 24, 2022, around 4:45 p.m. at the intersection of Niagara Falls Boulevard and Sy Road.
According to police, a 2019 Mitsubishi SUV was traveling on Niagara Falls Boulevard when a 2005 Honda SUV entered the intersection from Sy Road. The Honda struck the left side of the Mitsubishi where inside were two children in the back seat. The two-year-old child was taken to DeGraff Memorial Hospital where he later died. The other child was taken to Oishei Children’s Hospital. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
More than 40,000 people die every year in car accidents in the United States. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Accident history at this intersection
- Vehicle blind spots
- Evaluation is highway signage is clear and up to code
- Evaluation is pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Video from auto shop on this corner
- Inspection of roadway conditions
Car Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in car accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact an experienced car accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Niagara Falls Boulevard and Sy Road