- March 30, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Oakland, CA – Two Oakland Unified School District employees were injured after being struck by a car when crossing the street Wednesday, March 30, 2022, around 6:30 a.m. The crash happened at High Street between San Leandro and Wattling streets.
District 5 councilman Noel Gallo says both employees suffered serious injuries, including broken bones, in the collision. Gallo also stated the driver of the car may have been distracted by her son at the time of the crash. Oakland police have opened an investigation into this accident.
Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents. In any pedestrian accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Video from the gas station on this street
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of intersection
- Timing of traffic signals
- Accident history on the street
- Evaluation if the crosswalks are located and striped per code
- All Eyewitness account of the accidents
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – High Street between San Leandro and Wattling streets