- August 23, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Farmingville, NY – A rear-end accident left one person critically injured on August 22, 2022. The crash occurred on the Long Island Expressway just before 2 a.m.
According to Suffolk County police, Travis Dickson was driving a 2018 BMW when his vehicle rear-ended a 2019 Toyota Corolla. The occupants of the Toyota, 9-year-old Angel Salis and 49-year-old Bruce Koch were transported to the hospital. Dickson was charged with DWI.
About 30% of traffic fatalities in the United States involve drunk drivers. In this devastating accident, the victims and their families should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- How much alcohol was in the driver’s system
- Where the driver was drinking
- Police accident report
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Timing of traffic signals
- Accident history on this road
- Any history of driver with drugs or alcohol
- Any testing of driver for drugs or alcohol
- Any video evidence of the crash
Car Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped clients injured in car accidents get the best result possible in over 50,000 cases and have found some common causes of car accidents include:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Inexperienced driving
- Aggressive driving
The team of experienced attorneys at The Barnes Firm have helped clients injured in car accidents get the best result possible in over 50,000 cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact an experienced car accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.