- July 20, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Two Injured in Cement Truck Crash
Bel Air, CA – A two-vehicle collision involving a cement truck occurred on Wednesday, July 20, 2022. The crash happened around 8:40 a.m. on W. Sunset Boulevard.
According to reports, the cement truck overturned in the crash and the other vehicle experienced heavy damage. Two people were injured and taken to nearby hospitals. The incident is under investigation.
A cement truck weighs around 26,000 pounds and can carry a load up to 40,000 pounds in the barrel of the truck, making them unstable and increasing the risk of an accident. It is critical for anyone involved in a serious crash to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Video from the truck
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Any eyewitness accounts of the crash
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial trucking accident, the experienced truck accident attorneys at The Barnes Firm are here to help you every step of the way. Our trusted team of attorneys have helped clients get the best result possible in over 50,000 cases.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.