- July 15, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Two Injured After Train Collision
Oakland, CA – Two people were injured after a train collided with a front loader near 50th Avenue and East 8th Street. The crash happened Friday, July 15, 2022, around 11:15 a.m.
According to reports, the front loader was clearing debris from the train tracks when an Amtrak train struck the front loader. The driver of the front loader was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. A person on the train was also injured. There were around 30 passengers onboard at the time of the collision. The crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 5,000 train crashes each year in the United States. In this horrible accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Evaluation of train safety guidelines
- The route the train was traveling
- Accident history at this train crossing
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
- Speed the train was traveling
- Train maintenance history
- Police accident report
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Accident history on this road
Railroad Accident Attorneys
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted team of attorneys have represented many families affected by railroad disasters and are available to help answer any questions.
The Barnes Firm: (800) 800-0000