- August 3, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Two Fatalities and Multiple Injured After Car Jumps Manhattan Curb
Manhattan, NY – A two-vehicle collision occurred near West 207th Street and Sherman Avenue on Wednesday, August 3, 2022. The crash happened just after 4 a.m.
According to authorities, a BMW collided head-on with a Subaru. The impact caused the Subaru to strike two pedestrians on the sidewalk. The two pedestrians were rushed to the hospital where they later succumbed to their injuries. At least five other people were injured in the crash and taken to area hospitals. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Video from restaurants, food store, or jewelry store located on this intersection
- Driver accident history
- Police accident reports
- Speed driver was traveling at the time of the crash
- Any testing of the driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of the driver with alcohol and drugs
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Recent maintenance history
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm, has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents and have found some common causes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. Our trusted team of attorneys is committed to getting our clients the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.