- May 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Diego, CA – A mother and her child were injured while riding their bikes after being hit by a pickup truck on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, just after 8 p.m.
According to police, a 78-year-old man driving a Chevrolet Silverado hit the bicyclists at the intersection of Fern Avenue and 11th Street. The mother and child were taken to the hospital with injuries. Police arrested the driver on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs.
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is dangerous to everyone on the road. In this horrible accident, the injured bicyclist should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of road conditions
- Video from any homes located on this corner
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Accident history at the intersection
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Fern Avenue and 11th Street