- September 16, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Three Students Injured Walking Home from School
Antioch, CA – Three students were injured after being hit by a vehicle while walking home from school on Friday, September 16, 2022. The accident occurred at Sycamore Drive and Manzanita Way just after 3:20 p.m.
According to reports, a Chevrolet Impala hit a Mercury Mystique at a high rate of speed, causing it to crash into the three students. All three students were airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries. The investigation into this accident is ongoing.
Last year, over 70,000 pedestrians were injured in traffic crashes in the United States. Anyone hit by a vehicle should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Timing of traffic signals
- Inspection of the intersection
- Accident history at intersection
- Determination if road signage is clear and up to code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of road conditions
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Video from houses located on this road
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.