- August 4, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Teenage Bicyclist Injured in Long Island Accident
Valley Stream, NY – A serious accident occurred between a bicyclist and a 2013 Gray Honda Accord on Wednesday, August 3, 2022. The accident occurred around 2:45 p.m. at Mill Road and Roosevelt Avenue.
According to authorities, the bicyclist was attempting to cross Mill Road when he was struck by the Honda. After hitting the bicyclist, the car continued and struck another vehicle. The 14-year-old bicyclist was transported by Nassau County Police Helicopter to the hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the Honda, Shakyai Brownlow, was charged with assault, leaving the scene of an accident, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, and reckless driving.
Last year, over 1 million children were hospitalized for bicycle-related accidents. In this accident, the family of the injured teen should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Driver accident history
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Police accident reports
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of intersection
- Accident history at the intersection
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Timing of traffic signals
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.