- April 5, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Queens, NY – a 15-year-old male is critically injured after being struck by a city bus while riding an electric scooter around 1 p.m. on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. The teen was riding near the corner of Seneca Ave. and Gates Ave. when a B13 bus struck him.
The teen was taken to Brookdale Hospital in critical condition. Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash.
On average, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this bus accident, the family of the injured teen should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Video from Deli, bank, or market on this corner
- Timing of traffic signals
- Evaluation is crosswalk is located and striped per code
- Inspection of intersection
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history at the intersection
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Corner of Seneca Ave. and Gates Ave.