- June 30, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Fremont, CA – A 71-year-old pedestrian was struck and killed by a SUV on Wednesday, June 29, 2022. The collision occurred around 5:30 p.m. near Driscoll Road and Carmen Street.
According to police, the pedestrian was walking with his bicycle in the bicycle lane. The SUV driver crossed into the bike lane and struck the pedestrian. The pedestrian died at the scene. The accident remains under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident repot
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Timing of traffic signals
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Inspection of road conditions
- Accident history at this intersection
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm, has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents and have found some common causes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Accident – Driscoll Road and Carmen Street