- June 16, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Brooklyn, NY – A 37-year-old male, Marcus Bryant, was killed on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, by a subway train at the Avenue M station in Midwood station.
Bryant got trapped between the platform and the Q train when exiting. New York City Transit President Richard Davey said the doors had already closed when Bryant got stuck. Bryant ended up on the tracks and was then hit by a Q train coming into the station. Bryant was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. The accident is under investigation.
NYC Subway Accidents
Subways are one of the most convenient ways to get around New York City but can also be one of the most dangerous. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Subway maintenance history
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Evaluation of subway safety guidelines
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of the driver with drugs and alcohol
- Evaluation if doors on the subway were working properly
NYC Subway Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in NYC subway accidents. At The Barnes Firm, our experienced team of attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling subway injuries and train accidents.
- A car turning directly in front of an e-scooter
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near an e-scooter
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver distracted by their phone
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian railroad accident, contact an experienced subway accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.