- December 1, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Several Students Injured After Rockland County Bus Accident
New Hempstead, NY – A bus accident occurred on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at Southgate Drive near Ivy Lane. The collision took place just before 9 a.m.
According to police, a yeshiva bus veered off the road and crashed into two cars before hitting a house. The bus was coming over a steep hill with a curve when the driver lost control of the vehicle. Twenty-two people, including many children, were on the bus at the time of the crash. The driver and seven students were taken to the hospital with injuries. The collision is under investigation.
School Bus Accidents
Unfortunately, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this accident, the parents of the injured children should hire an investigative team to evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Video from the bus
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Speed the bus was travelling
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history on this roadway
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
School Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.