- September 19, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Several Hospitalized After School Bus Collision
Ridgewood, NJ – An accident involving a school bus and two other vehicles occurred on Monday, September 19, 2022, around 4 p.m. The accident occurred at the intersection of South Van Dien Avenue and East Ridgewood Avenue.
According to reports, the school bus went through a red light and was hit by a Mazda CX-9 and a Land Rover. The driver of the bus, two adult passengers, and one child were taken to the hospital. The driver and passenger of the Land Rover were also hospitalized in the crash. The accident remains under investigation.
On average, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this bus accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Video from church or homes on this corner
- Timing of traffic signals
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history on this roadway
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.