- September 15, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Seven Injured After Accident Involving New Jersey Transit Bus
Newark, NJ – Seven people were injured on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, after a collision occurred between a New Jersey Transit Bus and two other vehicles. The brash happened at the intersection of Grove Street and South Orange Avenue around 7:30 p.m.
According to reports, the bus driver, five bus passengers, and the driver of one of the vehicles were injured and taken to the hospital. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
On average, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this bus accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Timing of traffic signals
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history on this roadway
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.