- October 17, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Seven Children Hospitalized After Buffalo School Bus Accident
Buffalo, NY – An accident involving a school bus and an SUV occurred in the 1700 block of Bailey Avenue on Monday, October 17, 2022. The crash happened just before 8 a.m.
According to Buffalo Police, multiple children were onboard the bus when the collision occurred. Seven children were taken to Oishei Children’s Hospital because of the crash. One adult was also injured in the crash and taken to ECMC. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this accident, the parents of the injured children should hire an investigative team to evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Video from the bus
- Timing of traffic signals
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history on this roadway
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.