- April 7, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Santa Barbara, CA – A semi-truck collided with a motorcyclist around 2:40 p.m. on Thursday, April 7, 2022, on Highway 154 in Santa Barbara County.
According to California Highway Patrol the motorcyclist was transported to an area hospital with injuries. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, truck accidents account for over 500,000 motor vehicle accidents each year. It is critical for anyone involved in a semi-truck accident to perform an independent legal investigation to preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination is highway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determination is pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Inspection of highway road conditions
- Accident history on the highway
- Video evidence of the crash
- All Eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Semi-truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in commercial trucking accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Fatigue .
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
Our trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in truck accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Highway 154 in Santa Barbara County