- March 31, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Semi-truck Crash Causes 91 Freeway Shutdown
Corona, CA – One person is dead after a semi-truck collided with another heavy-duty truck on 91 Freeway near Green River Road in Corona. The crash happened just before 1 a.m. on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Most lanes of the westbound 91 Freeway were shutdown following the crash. California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.
Truck accidents are responsible for over 5,000 deaths each year. It is critical for the family of anyone involved in a serious crash to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if highway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determine if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of freeway road conditions
- Accident history on freeway
- Video evidence of the crash
- All Eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in semi-truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi-truck accident, contact an experienced semi-truck accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – 91 Freeway near Green River Road