- April 9, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Fairview, PA – A multi-vehicle crash, including two semi-trucks, caused a shutdown on I-90 on Friday, April 9, 2022, around 3:15 p.m. According to Pennsylvania State Police, three vehicles slowed down for a construction zone. The driver of a semi failed to slow down causing a collision with another semi, who then crashed into the other two vehicles.
At least one driver was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
Unfortunately, truck accidents account for over 500,000 motor vehicle accidents each year. It is critical for anyone injured in a semi-truck accident to perform an independent legal investigation to preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if highway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Inspection of highway road conditions
- Accident history on the highway
- Video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
In a multi-vehicle accident, it is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in the accident to help determine causation and speed.
Semi-truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in commercial trucking accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
At The Barnes Firm, we know a semi-truck accident can be a life-changing event. If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi-truck accident, contact an experienced semi-truck accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – I-90 Near Fairview