- March 9, 2023
- Barnes Admin
Rail Car Accident Leaves Two Injured
West Seneca, NY – Two employees were injured on Wednesday March 9, 2023, just before 8:45 a.m. at Ebenezer Railcar Services on Indian Church Road.
According to reports, a rail car crushed the two employees, causing severe injuries. Both were taken to ECMC with serious injuries. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Over 5,000 people are injured in railroad accidents each year. In this horrible accident, the victims and their families should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Were all railroad safety guidelines followed
- Determination if the rail car should have been in service
- Evaluation if proper safety systems were in place
- Train maintenance history
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Any video evidence of the accident
- Was there recent repair work to the track
- Evaluation if the workers were given proper training and safety equipment
- Emergency plans
Railroad Accident Attorneys
Railroad accidents occur daily, and, in most cases, there are often warning signs that have been ignored by train operators and railroad owners. At The Barnes Firm, our experienced team of attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling railroad injuries and rail car accidents cases where employees were injured. F.E.L.A. governs the right of railroad employee to collect damages. There are complexities to these cases where our experience will be extremely valuable.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rail car accident, contact an experienced railroad accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
The Barnes Firm: (800) 800-0000