Still think it’s okay to get behind the wheel after a few drinks? It’s not. Here are some reasons why:
- 10,265 people were killed by drunk drivers
- This is roughly one-third of all traffic-related deaths in the U.S.
- 209 children (aged 0-14) were killed by drunk drivers
- 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- That’s just 1-percent of the 111 million self-reporded instances of drunk or drugged driving
- Marijuana users are 25% more likely to cause a car crash than those who have no evidence of marijuana or alcohol use
- Since 1982, drunk driving fatalities have decreased 51%, but the ratio of drunk driving fatalities to other road fatalities has slightly increased
If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver call an experienced car accident lawyers near you, or contact us now.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000