Patients who took the blood thinner, Xarelto may have suffered additional injuries or serious side effects that have drastically changed the quality of their life. According to a Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer, around 20,000 people have been negatively affected by this prescription medication.
Our team’s position is this:
- Xarelto is a defective and dangerous drug
- The makers of Xarelto failed to effectively test the safety of this medication
- Xarelto’s packaging did not warn consumers of the increased risks (see below)
- The drug’s safety was misrepresented in marketing materials, including commercials and other advertisements
Approved by the FDA in 2011, Xarelto’s makers touted the drug as “the first and only one-a-day prescription blood thinner.” Intended to help patients with cardiovascular conditions, including atrial fibrillation, the medication was designed to reduce the risk of stroke.
In 2016 alone, the drug pulled-in over $2 billion for the big pharmacy executives, and sales continue to climb worldwide.
Unfortunately, the drug also has a narrow therapeutic index, which means the difference between a safe dose and a dangerous one is small. Too much of this drug can cause extreme side effects, and too little can cause serious injuries.
Xarelto Side Effects & Injuries
Several juries have awarded cancer survivors and their families multi-million dollar verdicts after a Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer filed a claim on their behalf. The most common injuries mentioned in a talcum powder lawsuit includes:
- Internal Bleeding – Xarelto has been linked to serious internal injuries, including gastrointestinal hemorrhages, nose bleeds, unusual bleeding, low blood pressure, and other potentially serious side effects.
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) – This is a severe skin condition commonly linked to Xarelto. In many cases, this condition can cause the loss of fluids, and expose the body to serious infections.
- Unexplained Bruising – Patients taking Xarelto have often reported unexplained bruising on their bodies, which can also be a sign of more serious conditions that may be exacerbated by the drug.
- Cerebral Hemorrhage – Any excessive bleeding in the brain can cause serious consequences, even death. Many Xarelto Lawsuits recognize this as an unsafe side effect of the drug.
What To Do
If a doctor has prescribed Xarelto to you or a family member, and unusual side effects have become apparent, contact a physician immediately. Then, call a Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer at The Barnes Firm.
When your family calls The Barnes Firm, we’ll put our best doctors/lawyers on your case and gather all of the facts needed to help you get the best result possible. Our team has experience fighting the big pharmacy companies to court — and we’ve won.
The call is FREE – Put our experienced and successful team to work for you. Talk to a Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer now for a FREE consultation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000