- April 12, 2022
- Barnes Admin
West Springfield, PA – Two are hospitalized after a pickup truck hauling a trailer collided with a semi-truck near the I-90 exit for West Springfield. The collision happened just after 1 a.m. on Tuesday, April 12, 2022.
Police say the pickup truck collided with the semi-truck, sending both vehicles into the median. Both drivers were transported to the hospital for treatment. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Truck accidents account for over 500,000 motor vehicle accidents each year. It is critical for anyone involved in a serious truck accident to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if highway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of driver’s attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Inspection of highway road conditions
- Accident history on the highway
- Video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
Our trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in truck accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – I-90 exit for West Springfield