- April 9, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Pedestrian Killed While Changing Tire
National City, CA – The driver of a Toyota Scion was struck and killed around 5:50 p.m. on Thursday, April 7, 2022. The driver was changing a flat tire in the center median on eastbound State Route 54, east of Highland Ave when he was hit by a Mazda Sedan.
The driver was transported to an area hospital where he later died of his injuries. California Highway Patrol says the cause of the collision is under investigation.
The victim was identified as 22-year-old, Dave Post of San Diego. Post was a member of the San Diego Silverbacks, a semi-professional Football League team.
Irresponsible drivers cause thousands of pedestrian accidents every year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Why the driver crossed onto the center median
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of the highway
- Accident history on the highway
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – State Route 54, east of Highland Ave