- May 3, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Jersey City, NJ – A man was killed crossing Routes 1&9 at Sip Avenue on Monday, May 2, 2022, just before 10 p.m. According to Jersey City police, the pedestrian was crossing the road when he was struck by an SUV and then struck by a second vehicle.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Irresponsible drivers cause thousands of pedestrian accidents every year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident reports
- Timing of traffic signals
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Video from restaurants or auto shop on the corner
- Inspection of the intersection .
- Accident history at this intersection
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Routes 1&9 at Sip Avenue