- April 15, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Chula Vista, CA – A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle around 9:05 p.m. on Thursday April 14, 2022. The accident occurred at H Street and Minot Avenue.
According to police, the pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The investigation into this crash is ongoing.
Last year, there were over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths. Pedestrian accidents can usually be traced back to an inattentive driver. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from any home surveillance on this corner
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Accident history on this road
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents got the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – H Street and Minot Avenue