- April 9, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Encinitas, CA – A pedestrian was struck and killed by a commuter train in North County around 8:30 a.m. on Friday April 9, 2022. The train struck the pedestrian near the La Costa Avenue overpass.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The Transit Enforcement Unit is investigating the cause of this accident.
Pedestrian Railroad Accidents
Pedestrian railroad accidents are the leading cause of death on railways. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Determination if railroad crossings, signs, and warning signals are clear and up to code
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Train maintenance history
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- The route the train was traveling
- Evaluation of train safety guidelines
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of the driver with drugs and alcohol
- Accident history on this road
Pedestrian Railroad Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian railroad accidents. Railroad accidents occur daily, and, in most cases, there are often warning signs that have been ignored by train operators and railroad owners. At The Barnes Firm, our experienced team of attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling railroad injuries and train accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian railroad accident, contact an experienced pedestrian railroad accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – La Costa Avenue overpass