- April 7, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Los Angeles, CA – A pedestrian was killed after being struck by a Metro A Line train around 7:40 a.m. on Thursday April 7, 2022. The accident occurred near East 24th Street and Long Beach Avenue in the Central-Alameda neighborhood.
The Los Angeles Police Department did not have any additional information on the incident and are investigating the cause of this crash.
Pedestrian Railroad Accidents
In the state of California, over 100 people are killed in pedestrian-related railroad deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Determination if railroad crossings, signs, and warning signals are clear and up to code
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Train maintenance history
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- The route the train was traveling
- Evaluation of train safety guidelines
- Video evidence from businesses on this road
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Accident history on this road
Pedestrian Railroad Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in car accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
The experienced team of attorneys at The Barnes Frim has helped many clients injured in pedestrian railroad accidents. Railroad accidents occur daily, and, in most cases, there are often warning signs that have been ignored by train operators and railroad owners. At The Barnes Firm, our experienced team of attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling railroad injuries and train accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian railroad accident, contact an experienced pedestrian railroad accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – East 24th Street and Long Beach Avenue