- April 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Pedestrian Killed After Being Hit by Truck
Oildale, CA – A pedestrian was struck while crossing the street at the corner of North Chester Avenue and China Grade Loop on Monday April 25, 2022, around 8 p.m.
According to police, a white truck struck the victim. The pedestrian was transported to a local hospital where they later died of their injuries.
Irresponsible drivers cause thousands of pedestrian accidents every year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Driver overtime records
- The route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Police accident report
- Video from Rite Aid, bank, or pizza shop on this corner
- Timing of traffic signals
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of intersection
- Accident history at intersection
- Evaluation if the crosswalks are located and striped per code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
Truck drivers have the responsibility to always drive in a safe and attentive manner and be aware of pedestrians.
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Texting and driving
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – North Chester Avenue and China Grade Loop