- July 21, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Pedestrian Injured While Walking Dog
San Diego, CA – A pedestrian was struck by a car on Wednesday, July 20, 2022, around 9 p.m. The accident occurred near the intersection of Illinois St. and Meade Ave.
According to San Diego police, a 25-year-old woman was hit by a 61-year-old driving a 2003 BMW Z4. The pedestrian was taken to the hospital with injuries including a brain bleed and fractures to her tibia and fibula. The accident is under investigation.
Last year, over 70,000 pedestrians were injured in traffic crashes in the United States. Anyone hit by a vehicle should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Timing of traffic signals
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Inspection of the intersection
- Accident history at intersection
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of road conditions
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any video evidence of the crash
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm, has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents and have found some common causes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.