- October 18, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Pedestrian Injured By Vehicle In Crosswalk
San Diego, CA – A 28-year-old man was struck and injured by a vehicle while walking in a crosswalk on Tuesday, October 18, 2022. The accident occurred just after 7 a.m. at the intersection of University Avenue and 58th Street.
According to police, the man was in a marked crosswalk when he was hit by a Chevrolet Silverado. The victim was taken to the hospital with a subdural brain injury, lung contusion, spleen injury and hip, pelvic and femur injuries. San Diego Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
Each year, over 70,000 pedestrians are injured in accidents. Those injured in this horrible collision should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Vehicle accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Video from restaurants and homes located on this corner
- Timing of traffic signals
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from police cruiser
- Inspection of the intersection
- Accident history at this intersection
- Driving records
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. While handling several of these cases, attorneys at The Barnes Firm have found common causes of pedestrian accidents usually include one or more of the following:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.