- September 9, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Francisco, CA – A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday, September 8, 2022. The crash happened at the intersection of Lombard and Steiner Streets.
According to police, the pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs or alcohol
- Any history of the driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accidents
- Inspection of the intersection
- Determination if crosswalks are clear and up to code
- Evaluation of road signage
- Accident history at the intersection
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Video from hotel, pizzeria or apartment buildings on this corner
- Timing of traffic signals
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.