- November 11, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Pickup Truck
Mira Mesa, CA – A pedestrian was fatally stuck by a pickup truck on Friday, November 11, 2022. The accident occurred at the intersection of Polaris Drive and Capricorn Way around 7:30 a.m.
According to the San Diego Police Department, the pedestrian was crossing the street when they were struck by the pickup truck. The pickup truck stopped at the intersection but proceeded forward after stopping, striking the pedestrian. The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs or alcohol
- Any history of the driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accidents
- Inspection of the intersection
- Determination if crosswalks are clear and up to code
- Evaluation of road signage
- Accident history at the intersection
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Timing of traffic signals
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. While handling several of these cases, attorneys at The Barnes Firm have found common causes of pedestrian accidents usually include one or more of the following:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.