- April 1, 2022
- Barnes Admin
East Harlem, NY – 86-year-old, Mehri Hekmati was severely injured, and later died, after being struck by an electric scooter just after 5 p.m. on Friday, April 1, 2022. According to police, the 35-year-old woman operating the e-scooter struck the pedestrian on the intersection of Third Ave. and 104th Street.
The pedestrian was taken to Metropolitan Hospital with a serious head injury. She was later transferred to Bellevue Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries. The investigation into this accident is ongoing.
Irresponsible drivers are one of the main causes of pedestrian accidents. Anyone hit by an e-scooter should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Timing of traffic signals
- Video from restaurants and apartment buildings on this corner
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Inspection of the intersection
- Accident history at intersection
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of road conditions
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents and have found some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Intersection of Third Ave. and 104th Street