- October 2, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Pedestrian Accident Causes One Injury and One Fatality
Burlingame, CA – A pedestrian accident occurred on Saturday, October 1, 2022, when a vehicle struck two pedestrians in the crosswalk at California Dr. and Oak Grove Ave.
According to Burlingame Police, both pedestrians were transported to the hospital where one of the victims died. The crash remains under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs or alcohol
- Any history of the driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accidents
- Inspection of the intersection
- Determination if crosswalks are clear and up to code
- Evaluation of road signage
- Timing of traffic signals
- Accident history at the intersection
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.