- April 24, 2022
- Barnes Admin
El Segundo, CA – One person died after a three-vehicle collision involving a Caltrans truck occurred on the 105 Freeway at North Nash Street. The accident happened Sunday, April 24, 2022, around 8 a.m.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was not injured. The investigation into this collision is ongoing.
Last year, over 5,000 people died because of truck accidents. It is critical for the family of anyone involved in a serious crash to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if freeway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of freeway road conditions
- Accident history on freeway
- Video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in commercial trucking accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
Our trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in truck accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – 105 Freeway at North Nash Street