- May 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
One Killed in Long Beach Crash
Long Beach, CA – A collision between a sedan, Toyota Tundra and a big rig left one person dead on 710 Freeway. The accident happened Thursday, May 26, 2022, around 3 a.m.
According to police, at least one of the vehicles caught on fire. One person was pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear what vehicle this person was in. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Truck accidents account for over 500,000 motor vehicle accidents each year. It is critical for anyone involved in a serious crash to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if road signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of intersection
- Accident history at intersection
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
- Any video evidence of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a tractor trailer accident, contact an experienced tractor trailer accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.