- May 24, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Summit, NJ – A six vehicle accident, including a tractor trailer, occurred on Route 24 near Hobart Avenue on Thursday, May 19, 2022. The crash occurred around 2:30 p.m.
According to police, one person was killed in the crash, one person was airlifted to University Hospital Trauma Center and several others were transported to nearby hospitals. The cause of this horrific crash is under investigation.
The victim was identified as David M. Baum of Millburn.
Tractor Trailer Accidents
Truck accidents are responsible for over 5,000 deaths each year. It is critical for the family of anyone involved in a serious crash to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if highway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determine if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of freeway road conditions
- Accident history on freeway
- Video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a tractor trailer accident, contact an experienced tractor trailer accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Route 24 near Hobart Avenue