- June 22, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Santa Fe Springs, CA – A three-vehicle crash occurred on the I-5 Freeway near Carmenita Road. The collision happened on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, around 2 a.m.
According to police, at least one of the vehicles involved was a semi-truck. One man was ejected from his vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene. The crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, semi-truck accidents claim the lives of over 5,000 people each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of road conditions
- Accident history at this intersection
- Video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Semi-truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
Our trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in tractor-trailer accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash: I-5 Freeway near Carmenita Road