- June 15, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Brooklyn, NY – A 49-year-old man was hit and killed by a box truck on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, around 11:45 a.m. The crash occurred in Bushwick’s Central Avenue’s bike lane.
According to police, a box truck made a left turn onto Palmetto Street in front of the man riding the e-scooter, causing the scooter to hit the side of the truck. The impact threw the rider onto the road where he was then run over by the box truck. The scooter rider was taken to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Last year, multiple deaths occurred due to e-bike and e-scooter riders being stuck by other vehicles. In this accident, the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Route the truck was traveling
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Vehicle accident history
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Inspection of road conditions
- Evaluation if road is striped clearly and up to code
- Evaluation if road signage is clear and up to code
E-scooter Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in e-bike accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of an e-scooter
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near an e-scooter
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver distracted by their phone
If you or a loved one has been injured in an e-scooter crash, contact an experienced e-scooter accident attorney at The Barnes Firm for a FREE consultation. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Central Avenue