- August 3, 2023
- Barnes Admin
Multiple Injuries Reported After Long Island Railroad Train Derails
Queens, NY – A Long Island Railroad train derailed in Queens on Thursday, August 3, 2023, around 11 a.m., resulting in multiple injuries. The incident occurred east of Jamaica Station at 175th Street and 95th Avenue around 11 a.m. As a result of the accident, eight train cars derailed, and at least seven individuals suffered injuries. The incident is under investigation.
Over 5,000 people are injured in railroad accidents each year. In this horrible accident, the victims and their families should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the derailment. This includes reviewing:
- Evaluation of train safety guidelines
- The route the train was traveling
- Accident history at this train crossing
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
- Speed the train was traveling
- Train maintenance history
- Police accident report
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
Railroad Accident Attorneys
Railroad accidents occur daily, and, in most cases, there are often warning signs that have been ignored by train operators and railroad owners. At The Barnes Firm, our experienced team of attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling railroad injuries. There are complexities to these cases where our experience will be extremely valuable.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a railroad accident, contact an experienced railroad accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
The Barnes Firm: (800) 800-0000