- August 5, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Multiple Injuries and Fatalities Reported in Windsor Hills Crash
Los Angeles, CA – A speeding car caused a multi-vehicle collision on Thursday, August 4, 2022, around 1:30 p.m. The crash occurred at the intersection of La Brea Avenue and Slauson Avenue.
According to California Highway Patrol, a speeding Mercedes-Benz sedan drove into the intersection, striking several cars. At least five people were killed in the crash, including a child. Eight others were injured and taken to the hospital. The crash is under investigation.
Last year, speeding was a factor in 30% of all traffic fatalities. In this devastating accident, the families of the victims should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Speed the car was traveling
- Police accident report
- Video from gas stations on this corner
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Timing of traffic signals
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Accident history at this intersection
Car Accident Attorneys
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and highly trained car accident attorneys have helped many clients injured in car accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of car accidents include:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Inexperienced driving
- Aggressive driving
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact an experienced car accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.